Thursday 5 February 2015

Unknown presence. Part 2.

 Last time, I didn't really give you a brief description of myself. I have black and neat hair. I mostly wear jeans and a sweater. My boss, Stan, wears nylon pants and a shirt and tie. I always carry around a pen and a pocket knife. I live alone in a house on a street called Odd Street. It gets lonely sometimes. I'm thinking of getting a dog some day. Should I? Anyways, that's enough of me. Back to the story.

I hate my boss. He just cares more about money then his staff and costumers. He can be a real jerk sometimes. I worked so hard that I was basically swimming in my own sweat. I had cooked 8 meals, brought 13 people their food, took out the garbage, took 6 people to their seats, and took 21 peoples orders. I feel like I'm the only one who does all the work here. I'm thinking of finding a new job but there are currently no jobs available, so it looks like I'm stuck here.  Now what happens next is something I may never be able to explain. I was cooking a meal in the kitchen when my friend, Marty, said "hey, Michael! Can you take these two orders down to table three? Were having a tough time keeping up with the demand. I'll cook those ribs in a few minutes." So naturally, I just said "sure Marty." He handed me two plates with food on them. I took them and headed over to table three. Just when I was about to give the costumers the food, I suddenly heard a ringing sound. I stopped, wondering what that ringing sound was. It was a quiet sound. The costumer asked "are you alright?" The costumers voice sounded like it was 100 feet away. I suddenly began to feel dizzy. The world was blurry and tipping. The ringing had gotten louder. It was so loud that it was unbearable. The pain was unbelievable. I dropped the plates and heard glass shattering in the distance. By now I had my hands over my ears and was yelling in pain. I heard very quiet yelling in the distance. The ringing got louder by the second. Louder and louder! I ran away not knowing where I was going and almost bumping into tables. I ran out the back door while almost breaking the door. When I got out, the ringing was as loud as 1000 air horns blowing right in your ear. The door shut fast behind me. I was standing in the back of the store. My ear drums felt like they were going to explode! When I thought I was doing to be deaf for the rest of my life, it stopped. The ringing had gone away. The world had gone back to its normal shape and was steady again. It was dark. the only light was the back entrance light. I looked around. Nothing unusual. The dumpster, the staff parking, and everything else. It was calm. Almost peaceful. I was still panting rapidly. I turned right and glared down the empty road. Very dark. I turned around only to see a shadow looking at me. It was huge. It had to be at least 9 feet tall. It stared. We stared at each other. I'd felt as if my heart had stopped. It took a step forward as I was paralyzed. It took another step forward revealing its face. It was pure white. It had black eyes and purple eyes. It was terrifying. It took one more step forward and pointed a bony finger at me. "Your next..."

End of part 2...

1 comment: