Tuesday 3 February 2015

Beautiful Stories- Part 2

Present Day:

I'm sitting in my office located in a big buisness building in London. Drey walks in.
"Tess, you haven't written a book in 3 months! It's around time you snap yourself up!" She says.
I let out a big breath and sigh.
"I suppose your right, but I'm literally brainwashed," I say.
Drey walks towards my desk and puts her hands firmly onto it.
"Woah, Drey! That was expensive!" I exclaim.
"Opps, my bad, princess," says Drey.
I stand up and lower my brows.
"If your doing this for me to write, it's not going to work," I say as I sit back down. "My creativity is gone."
"Well, why don't you write about another one of your personal experiences. Any ex-boyfriends? What about your father? I'm honestly surprised you haven't written a novel about him yet," says Drey.
I let out another sigh.
"You see, I want to write a fictional book. Something that expands reality. Out of my comfort zone," I say.
Drey thinks about this for a few seconds.
"Okay, but you better have a good idea by the end of this week. If not, your career may be down-hill from here," says Drey.
"I understand," I say.
Drey leaves my office and lightly shuts my door. I walk over to my filing cabinet and grab a folder. This folder, though, holds the pages of the first book I ever wrote and the one that made me who I am today.
I look up to the ceiling and close my eyes, clutching the file against my chest.
"That's it!" I exclaim after a minute.
I rush over to my laptop, log in, and open up a word document. I sit there with my head in my hands for a couple of seconds and then I write down the title that hopefully will put my career back on track.
"Monsters in my head," I say under my breath.
I lay back against my desk chair and smile.
My idea for this novel is there being this young girl, who, at the moment, has no name. The girl goes to an ordinary school in America and lives an ordinary life, but she has these weird dreams about futurist monsters. One night she has a dream about all these monsters coming to life and destroying the human race. She wakes up the next morning to total darkness. Turns out the monsters in her dreams came to life and now she must find a way to survive when the whole world is in chaos.

I spend the next couple of days I sit there in my office typing and designing this book.
On Friday I make my way down to the huge glass conference room in my office building.
Drey sits at the front of a huge, long table in a black leather chair.
Drey is wearing a grey blazer with black dress pants and a black blouse underneath her blazer.
She's repeatedly tapping her fingernails on the table and it somewhat echos throughout the room.
I walk in and take a seat, placing what I have so far of this book on the table in front of me.
"Well, let's see it," says Drey.
I stand up and pass her the papers.
"May I say you look exceptionally nice today," Drey says without even looking at me.
"Thank you," I say.
I put my long, dark brown hair in a sock bun and I'm wearing a purple skirt with a eggshell white longsleeve blouse.
"This is fantastic!" Announces Drey. "Saying that you've never written a book that's not about your own life, I have to say this is great,"
I let out a small smile and thank her.
"You shall continue to write this, and it will be read over and published as soon as you're finished," Drey says with a bit more enthusiasm than usual.
She hands the pages back over to me and tells me to leave.
As usual, I obey her and I walk to my office with a grin complimenting my face.
Funny how the world works, isn't it?
One day you feel like it's all going to end but then everything changes.
Change. It may be hard, but from what I've experienced so far, it's worth it.

By: Chloe

6 comments:

  1. Wow. This is amazing. You describe everything that happene around Tess so well. The detail is amazing! I feel so bad for Tess though. Her life seems really hard. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot Keira! I just find that in some books characters have their lives go so well and everything turns out so well, and the ones that don't have good lives seem so unrealistic. I wanted to make a story that evolved around something modern, being buisness and writing

      Delete
    3. Yeah, some characters have there lives really easy. I like to make there lives really nice at the beginning, and than I add a series of problems. But your story reminds me of the show mom. The fact that it shows how hard things can get is really realistic. It's a really creative story!

      Delete
  2. I like a book or a story when I don't know where it's headed, and this is just ones of those. Good writing Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a book or a story when I don't know where it's headed, and this is just ones of those. Good writing Chloe!

    ReplyDelete