Saturday 7 February 2015

The cursed pendant. Part 1

"Strike! Yeah!" "don't get too excited there," I said "I can do better" said Dan. "sure you can," said ken. My name is Bill. My two friends are Dan and Ken. Dan picked up the bowling ball and rolled it toward the pins. "Dang it. I only got 7 pins," said Dan. Dan is competitive and kind. "Ok, Bill. your turn," said Ken. My other friend, Ken, is sort of a show off and competitive. He always tries his best to be number one. "okay, then. I bet I'll get a strike," I said. I gave it all my force and rolled the bowling ball. It went pretty fast and knocked down all 10 pins. "Yes!" I said. "That was just luck," said Ken. "Watch this," said Ken. Ken picked up a red ball with a mean look in his eyes. He rolled it and knocked down 9 pins. "That should've been a strike!" yelled Ken. Nobody could really hear him through all the talking in the bowling alley. "okay, Dan. Your up. Dan picked up a blue bowling ball and pretended to spit on it. Dan rolled it and knocked down 5 pins. Ken laughed. "Oh, shut up!" said Dan. We all looked up at the TV above. Ken had won. Ken grunted and smiled. "Good game," I said. Dan and I shook hands. Were always competing to see who's the best. "Should we play another game?" asked Ken. "No. I have to get home and clean out my garage." Dan said. "I have to go eat supper," I said. "okay, then. Suit yourselves. I'm going to play another round." Ken said. Me and Dan returned our bowling shoes to the front desk and walked out the front door. We could still hear Ken from the front step. "Oh! Who's the master? I am!" Me and Dan walked down the sidewalk and crossed the street. We were walking towards Dan's house. After a couple of minutes, Dan asked me a question. "Hey, Bill. Would you rather have a cat or a dog for a pet." I thought about it for a few seconds. "I think I'd like a cat. They're so cute." Dan looked at me. "Well, I would rather have a dog. You can teach them to do tricks and stuff like that." I looked at Dan. "Dogs are okay, but cats are cuddly and have nine lives." Dan looked at me again. "You don't really believe that cats have nine lives, do you?" "Why wouldn't they? They always land on their feet and run fast." Dan scratched his head. "Understandable." After about 5 minutes, we reached Dan's house. "Well, here we are," I said. "Thanks for walking home with me," Dan said. Dan started to walk toward his house when he turned around fast. "Oh! I forgot to give you something." Dan walked up to me and pulled out something from his pocket. It was a ticket to the hockey game going on downtown. "Whoa!" I said startled. "Here, take it. I got the last three tickets. I was thinking, me, you, and Ken can go see it this weekend." "Thanks, man! I thought they all sold out." I said. "No problem," said Dan. "And guess what? These tickets get us a seat right behind the glass!" "No way!" I say excitedly. "Yeah. Anyways, I have to go clean up and cook supper for my kids." "Well, okay. Thanks again for the ticket." "Yep." says Dan. "okay, bye." I say. "Bye," says Dan. I walk off of his lawn and start walking towards my house. "One more thing..." Dan says. "yeah?" I say. "Don't let the pendant blind you," Dan says. "ugh... okay." I say confused. Dan unlocks his door and walks inside. I walk away wondering what he meant by that. I'll soon find out...

Part 2 coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment