Tuesday 24 February 2015

A message...

Today, I felt very proud of myself. I did a good deed and now I feel great!
My name is Mitchell and I am 16 years old.
When I was in high school today, almost everybody had this new video game. Everybody was talking about it. But, lots of the kids teased me because I didn't have it.
I felt very sad the whole day and gloomed. When school was finally over, I grabbed my back pack and started to walk home.
I thought I really needed that game because everyone else had it.
But I couldn't afford the game. I was broke. and I knew my parents wouldn't buy it for me.
So I was just kept walking down the sidewalk when I accidently stepped on something.
I looked down and raised my foot.
What I had stepped on, was a leather wallet. I picked it up and examined it.
I opened it up and inside was credit cards, cash, and other stuff.
I stood there looking at the wallet for a few seconds.
Then I thought if I should keep it and spend it, or return it.
But I couldn't force myself to keep it. I knew that I had to do the right thing.
I looked at the address on one of the cards and started to go to the house.
Fortunately, the house was only a couple of blocks away.
When I had finally found the house, I went up to the door and knocked on it.
A tall, young, man opened the door.
I told him he had dropped his wallet and then handed it to him.
He smiled and thanked me. When I was just about to walk away, he stopped me.
The man said he wanted to reward me for my honesty.
He reached into the wallet and pulled out a fifty dollar bill.
He insisted I take it.
So, in the end I got my game and I felt very good at the same time.

The End.

4 comments:

  1. An excellent message Lennox! I say we should always try and do the right thing when no one is watching, not just the right thing when someone is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it. The lesson was good. You gave a brief description of the characters. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing author! I can't wait to see what else you come up with! I miss you and Ervin so much! Have a brilliant Summer! :)

    ReplyDelete