Wednesday 4 February 2015

Parallel Jumping. Part 2. By: Keira.

  The next morning...
  The morning starts off just like any other. It's a beautiful summer day. A slight, cool breeze, that makes the temperature just right outside. The leaves are green, and there are no clouds out, just the blue sky.The sun is shining. It's a perfect day. My dog wakes me up. He's so adorable. I eat some cereal, change into a rock band shirt (Preferably Pearl Jam), pack my school bag, feed my dog, and go onto the city bus.
 Unfortunately, my worst enemy takes the same bus that I do. Samantha. She has hair as brown as chocolate. Eyes as green as a tree frog. with creamy, peach skin. She and I have been enemy's ever sense we were kids. She stole my toy truck in grade one. Our rivalry has been building up ever sense. I guess that that is an odd way to make an enemy. But things kind of started to build up after that. I hate to admit this, but her and I would be a great team. Our minds put together would have been great. To bad she stole my truck. That girl really makes me really angry. We had to be co-valedictorians. It was devastating. I hate her.
  I try to make sure she doesn't notice me while we're on the bus. I really don't want to put up with her right now. I have more important things to think about. I have a paper that I have to finish writing, so I don't have the time to put up with her. I stand with my back to her, and slowly try to make my way around her. Please don't let her notice me! Please, please, please, please, please...
  "Adam" She says, with a cold voice and an icy glare."Are you trying to avoid me?"
  "What?! No..." I lie. "I just... I was looking at this add!" I point to one of the adds on the wall. It better be a serious one. It would be very unconvincing if it wasn't.
  "A McDonald's add?*Scoff"* Why would you be looking at that?" She asks.
  "Um, you know, food, science, health, and money, and stuff..." I say, my voice trailing away while I walk to the back of the bus. After that, all I could hear was the engine of the bus.
  Wow. That was embarrassing. Honestly. I don't want her to think that she's doing better than me! Oh boy! Wow. That was such a fail! Oh well. You live and you learn. I guess.
  When we arrive, I'm the last one off the bus. I can't bare to see Samantha. I kind of just proved that she was doing better than me with... Everything. So I'm just going to avoid her.
  "Adam!" Shouts Tom.
  "Hey!" I say., while walking towards him and Carol.      
  "Thanks for the party last night!" Says Carol with a grateful voice.
  "It was my pleasure." I say, speaking with a formal voice sarcastically.
  We laugh.
  "I made another painting last night." Says Tom, while showing us an abstract, colourful painting.
  "Wow. That's... Breathtaking." I say.
  "I know. I made it for Carol. It was my birthday gift to her." He says.
  "It makes what I got for him look awful." Says Carol.
  "You got me an IPad." Says Tom.
  "I know. But your gift was so thoughtful!" Whines Carol.
  He just laughs at her. Carol has always been eager to please people.
  Carol just elbows him in the stomach.
  We laugh.
  Wow. I forgot how much I loved my friends!
  I may never get them back now.
  Too bad.


To be continued...


7 comments:

  1. Sorry if my story is kind of slow. I want everybody to get used to the characters and actually know who they are before I rush into action. We didn't really know the characters from my last book as much as I'd like. So I'm going to try to get you to fall in love with my characters. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. Like it took 4 parts until I got to the real action packed parts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I've always been a big book fan, and I know that the more attached to the characters you are, the chances are that you'll love the story more.

      Delete
    2. Anyway, I love how your characters enemy is a girl!

      Delete
  3. I also like how you have written from a boys perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so busy that I haven't been reading your stories. I had to go back to older posts to read and catch up on the plot. I'm about to read part 3. I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete