Friday 6 February 2015

Beautiful Stories- Part 7

I get to my feet and run towards the door.
The Vixens scream and come running towards me. Their talons scrape the gravel and make a horrible screeching noise. Thankfully four out of the eight Vixens flap their scaly wings and go towards the northern part of the city.
Thank god, I think.
The biggest Vixen flaps its wings and comes closer to me. Now, these birds, if they've matured, are easily 7 feet tall. The small babies are only 5 feet tall.
I inch closer and closer to the door. The faster you move, the faster they attack. The pack of Vixens are now only a few meters away from me and that's when I make my move. I run towards the door, slam it shut, and lock it using the first metal bar I see, which is a coat hanger.
The Vixens scratch the door with their beaks and then I remember that the door is made out of glass.
Thank you, architects.
The Vixens pound and pound onto the glass, creating small dents, scratches, and cracks here and there. I run down the hallways and up the staircase. As soon as I swing open the door to the stairwell the glass of the entrance door shatters and the Vixens scream.
I run up the stairs as if I'm doing cardio and rush into the fourth floor. That's where all of the conferences are held and my office is on that floor.
The loud flapping of the Vixens wings echoes throughout the stairwell and I go into my office. I hear the Vixens break open the door of the staircase and I hide under my desk.
It then takes me a few minutes to realize how much of an idiotic idea this is.
How am I supposed to get out if the Vixens break in?
I hear the Vixens heavy foot steps in the hallway and it lean back against my desk.
I guess I leaned back a bit too hard because a pen rolls off my desk and drops onto my marble floor.
Again, thank you, architects.
The Vixens beady eyes search up and down my door and then with one powerful flap of its wing, it opens my office door.
My suck in a deep breath and curl up into a tight ball. The Vixen walks around my office and the rest of its pack comes to join it. They knock down vases, books, and my computer. The smallest one comes towards my desk and knocks on the wood. The Vixens leave my office and I let go of the huge breath I was holding back.
Stupid me.
Apparently the baby Vixen hadn't left yet and it comes around the edge of the desk and screams in my face. Oh, did its breath ever stink.
I run out from my desk and into the hallway. The rest of the Vixens surround me and at that moment I knew it was all over. One little human against four huge reptile birds. Great odds in that.
They gain up on me, closing in tighter and tighter until I'm up against the wall. Panicking. Fearing. Worrying.
All of the sudden a screech fills the air and a huge furry animal with wings comes comes through a window and takes down the largest Vixen. Another one follows after.
"Quinn's," I whisper.
The other Vixens go after the Quinn's and I grab a coat hanger and hit the baby one in the back of the head, causing it to collapse to the ground. I go after the other Vixen that doesn't have Quinn tearing it apart. I hit the Vixen in the side and it scratches the side of my face. No one ruins a girls makeup.
I smack the Vixen in the gut, ribs, face, and to finish it off a I hit it in the knees, causing it to fall in screaming agony.
By the time I finish beating, hopefully, the life out of the two Vixens, the Quinn's have fully devoured the remaining Vixens I slide down the wall and breath in and out very heavily. One of the Quinn's lets out a growl and then begins to shift.
Shape shift.
I stand up and look weirdly at the Quinn. When it finishes changing I look in shock at the creature. No way. There's no way this just happened. I open my mouth, and talk.
"Mom?"

By: Chloe

2 comments:

  1. What? I repeat myself, what?!?!?!?!?!?! Her Mom! Impossible! This is a huge plot twist! No way! I. Can. Not. Wait. To. Read. More. Congratulations on the awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm writing the 8th part right now. But much of a plot twist on your story!

      Delete