Friday 6 February 2015

The Strangest Day (part two) By Sylvia

Mom looked at me with a deep look. A look I had never seen before coming from my mother. Before she could speak, she took a breath and brought me into the kitchen where I saw a note on the fridge. The note was from my school to my mother and was dropped off in the mail yesterday.
" Read this."
My mom said as she handed it to me. As I read the note my jaw dropped to the floor. Everything was changing in this one day. Everything. The note from my school stated that everyone in my school was being evicted from the property within the next 48 hours. I was shocked.
" Why is this happening?" What did we do to deserve this?"
I asked in a panic.
" I don't know dear. I have no answers. All I know is that within the next 48 hours your life is about to change.

As I eventually showed up to school that morning, I saw "eviction notice" signs everywhere. Looking at these signs just made me wonder why everyone in our school was going to be evicted. I was only in 8th grade, and I had move to my school in the 7th grade, so I was just beginning to get used to my new school. Just as I was walking, I saw the principal walk from my classroom over across the hall to the next. 
" Mrs. Roans"
I had caught her attention. She looked over at me with a dull look in her eyes. 
" What's happening? Why are we all being evicted?" 
I asked, trying to keep my cool. She took a deep breath and a quiet sigh and look in my direction .
" The reason were being evicted is.....

To be continued........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment