Saturday 7 February 2015

Back In Time: Part 2

                                                Chapter 2
I hear a knock on the door. My heart starts to race, my head starts to pound, and my whole body goes numb. Crowds of people pour out the back gate, I let the police in to talk.
"We've had several complaints about this house. Garbage is blowing into other peoples' yards and the music is too loud. We'd like to talk to an adult here." The police ask. Oh no... Drake's only 17 and I'm only 16, I knew we shouldn't have  had a party... Drake walks to the door with his towel around his neck and water dripping from his hair.
"Is there a problem officers?" He asks. How could he be so clueless? Obviously there's a problem or they wouldn't be here!
"Drake, there is a problem... We've been getting complaints about our party... Amber, could you go call my dad?" I ask, fear builds up in my eyes, Drake could see it. His whole body goes still. Amber rushes to the phone and dials my dad's number. She explained what was happening and then my dad was on his way back home.
"Officers, we didn't mean to have the music up so loud, see, my girlfriend came over and we invited 5 friends of ours for a small party, and I guess she invited a few more people and it got crazier! Here, I'll go get her." Drake runs to the backyard and looks around. Nobody was there. Lane bailed on him and now he has no proof of what happened. He walks back into the front porch with his phone in his hands, a worried looked spread across his face, he tried to text Lane but no response.
"Hah, um, funny story, she had to leave and um... Visit her mom at the hospital. Huh, guess it's not that funny." Drake said in a shaky voice, I could clearly see that anger was building up inside of him. Lane bailed when he needed her most. A few minutes later, a car pulled up into the driveway, my dad came running into the house and stopped to look at me. He was angry.Really angry... His face turned red as he was looking at Drake and I.
"I'm sorry officers. How much do I have to pay?" A troubled look appeared on him, Drake and I knew we were short on money ever since my mom passed. Planning the funeral, buying the headstone, and buying the coffin...
"Because it's new years, the fine will be short, we have been getting complaints a lot and we understand that new years leads to complaints. So, the fine will only be $245." $245!? That may not be a lot in an adults mind, but I'd hate to know what the fine would be if it weren't new years!
"Thank you, officers. We'll be sure it won't happen again." My dad said in a calm voice, as the officers leave, my dad looked so angry. He told Amber to go home, and then I knew it... Here comes the lecture...
"A PARTY?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! 'Oh, hey, let's have a party, turn the music up so loud that Hawaii could hear it, and let's make a whole dump yard out of the neighborhood, the smartest idea, uh-duh!' YOU BOTH SHOULD KNOW BETTER! YOU ARE BOTH GROUNDED FOR 2 MONTHS! GO UPSTAIRS AND GO TO BED! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT AND-"
"Actually, it's morning, it's past-"
"DON'T CORRECT ME!!! GET TO YOUR ROOMS RIGHT NOW!" I guess my dad was really frustrated about this police incident... I guess he never wanted to see a police officer ever again after what happened to my mom. Having the police come to our house just reminded him of the car accident... I could see small tears dripping down the sides of his cheeks as he watches up walk up the stairs. I open my window to have some fresh air come into my room. I then change into my shorts and tank top PJs and slowly fall asleep.
I wake up and find that my window is closed. What the? Had someone come into my room and close it? I then go downstairs and see that the whole backyard was completely clean, like nothing had happen. I see the time, 11:34, the same time I woke up yesterday. Drake comes flying down the stairs smiling with the bright teeth of his.
"Why are you so happy?" I ask, I noticed that I wasn't in my tank top and shorts, I was in my mom's night gown. How could that have happened? I swear I was in my shorts and tank top...
"Oh, you should know!" He answers. I show a confused look on my face. I then hear the doorbell and go to answer the door. I see Amber with a worried look on her face.
"Amber, what's wrong?" No response, she just walks in and starts to run up to my room.
"Amber? What are you-"
"Come on, I have something to show you, quickly, Drake doesn't know yet..." She calls to me in a shaky tone. What's wrong with her? She shows me her phone as we stare at it in shock.
December 31, 2018, Friday. What's going on? Are we going back in time?

The date of December 31 in 2018 isn't actually on a Friday, it's on a Monday, I just wanted to say it's on a Friday! Hehehe, ok, tomorrow another chapter is coming out, so you're able to read it, if you'd like to! Thanks again, Keira for inspiring me to get started on a book! Okie dokie! Thanks for reading, buh-bye! :D
~Jewel :D

5 comments:

  1. Omg! Is this like the movie groundhog day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've seen that movie too?! Yay! :D I'm kind of hitchhiking of the movie, but don't worry! I'm also going to put in a lot of my ideas! Glad you know the movie! :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah! I love that movie!

      Delete
  2. Love the story but it's a bit hard to read with the colours😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Chloe. I'll try to put less colours in so it's easier to read, I might have a light background and dark writing :) Thanks for informing me about that! :D

      Delete