Wednesday 4 February 2015

Unknown Presence. Part 1.

Hello. My name is Michael Wen. Things started out normal in the day. Go to work, get takeout food, then go home. But today was different. There have been numerous reports of an unidentified object flying across the sky and disappearing into thin air. At first I thought it was nothing, but things got more... serious. Maybe I'll just tell you the rest from my perspective. ''Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Be-.''  ''Click!'' ''I hate alarm clocks, sometimes.'' I said to myself. I rubbed my eyes but didn't want to get out of bed. I moaned and tried to get up. sitting on the bed half asleep, I looked out the window. It was still pretty dark outside. I struggled to get up. I walked to the other side of the bed and looked at my digital alarm clock. It was 7:24am. "only... 7:24... am... I think I'll just... go back to... sleep." I said to myself. I laid back down on my bed. ''7:24?!?! I'M LATE FOR WORK!!!" Just so you know, I work at Le Chateau De Bon restaurant. I was really panicking because I'm supposed to be there at 7:05. "Oh, COME on, I'M going to be FIRED!" I yelled at myself. I quickly got dressed, washed my hair, and got my employee outfit. I didn't even have time to eat breakfast. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the bread. I pulled out two slices but ended up spilling five more onto the floor. '' I'll clean it up later" I said. I took a huge bite of one and ran to the living room. I put on a sweater and some shoes and basically sprinted out the door. In such a panic, I ran out to the car and opened the door. I started it up and went 120 km an hour all the way to work. When I finally arrived there, I saw a lineup of people inside. When I got inside, My boss, Stan, had his arms crossed and was leaning against the wall. "Michael! Get over here and find these gentlemen a seat!" Stan said. I ran to the counter, while my hair a mess. "Sorry for the wait, gentlemen. Can I help you?" The two men stared at me for a few seconds until one said "table for two." I grabbed some menus and said "please follow me to your seat." I walked to an empty table and said "here you are. Please take a seat and our waitress, Debbie will be with you in a couple of minutes." Again they stared and said "thanks." I went back the front but realized half the line was gone and had driven away. I went back and forth instructing people to their table. When I was done, Stan still looked angry. " Michael! Go Into THE kitchen and START taking the orders!" I felt a chill run up my spine and said "yes, sir." As I was heading towards the kitchen, Stan put his hand on my shoulder and said "If anything like this EVER happens again, YOU can kiss THIS job GOODBYE!"

End of part 1...

3 comments: