Saturday 7 February 2015

Beautiful Stories- Part 8

"Testine!" Exclaims by mother. She opens up her arms. Like she was looking for a hug.
"Don't come near me," I say. 
My mom looks at me confused. "But why? We haven't seen each other in so long!" She comes towards me but I push her away.
"What?" I say. "You think that you can come in her, SHAPE SHIFT for crying out loud, and then expect everything to be okay?" 
"We haven't seen each other for almost a decade! People change, Tess!" My mom yells.
I cross my arms. "I've waited all my life for that change. You missed so many years of my life. How am I supposed to forgive you?" 
"Oh, I don't know! I didn't just save your life or anything!" My mom replies.
I walk around her and over to the other Quinn. 
"Oh and who is this? My father?" I say. 
I feel the Quinn shake and shape shift into something other than, well, a Quinn.
"Wow! For some reason this doesn't surprise me! What have you not kept from me, Drey?" I yell.
"I can explain everything!" Says Drey. 
"I'd love to hear," I say.
"So before you were born, your mother and I were very close friends and we used to work in a chemical plant. We were experimenting a new type of... drug or chemical that was supposed to let humans have the ability to morph into animals. But, like every other experiment, it ended horribly." Drey says. "Me and Lessa were the chiefs of the experiment and when we were doing the test run, it was a chemical outburst and we were effected the most by radiation. Everyone else in the plant was morphed into creatures less than human and now this is what happened. I tried warning you the something bad was going to happen, but you didn't listen. The government locked us away, but me and your mother escaped without being caught. The rest of the creatures have escaped now, too."
That's a lot to take in.
"So your saying that all of those creatures are humans? Humans tried killing me?!" I say.
"Well, yes," says my mom.
"Wait," I say. "If those creatures are out, what's going to happen to us?"
Drey takes a deep breath. 
"I don't know. There are killing machines out there. Way worse than Vixens."
"What can be worse than a huge reptilian bird?" I say.
"Well," says Mother. "What about having megladon Sharks around again? How about a Gells mother or father? Oh, maybe a monkey that has razor sharp teeth that could rip a humans throat open?" 
That's just lovely. And very graphic.
"Drey you were saying that the biological disaster happened before I was born. Does that mean I'm part something?" I say, scared of what the answer may be.
"Yes."

By: Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment