Wednesday 4 February 2015

Beautiful Stories- Part 3

It's now Wednesday. 
I'm currently on the ninth chapter of my book, and it's turning out really well, if I do say so myself. Drey has been checking in on me everyday since our meeting. She's been bringing me lunch, coffee, and sometimes a bagel or a yogurt parfait. 
I really like how someone is bring me food and coffee on my own free-will, but it's becoming too much of a routine. 
I usually work until 10:00 pm every night, but on Saturday I sat here typing until 3:00 in the morning. 
I've tried confronting Drey about this, but she says the harder and the longer I work on this novel, the more it will benefit me and my career.
I'm currently sitting in my desk chair, typing and typing. I sometimes have to stop and stretch out my fingers or use a stress ball. If I don't I usually get to anxious or my fingers get way too cramped up and sore for me to type. 
"Tess! Tess, are you in there?" Says Drey. 
I sink into my desk chair and say, "Go away," 
"I have great news! Well, some good news and some bad news. Anyway, please let me in," she says.
"Fine." I say.
Drey walks in and sits in one of the leather chairs in front of my desk. I sit up and cross my left leg over my right. 
"What's the news?" I say.
"Do you want the good news or bad news?" 
"Good I guess..." 
"Well," starts Drey, "the producer and director who made Nighttime Fantasies into a movie, Sandra Mitchell and Felix West," 
She stops and takes a deep breath.
"They say that if this book that you're writing gets 5 million copies sold once it hits shelves, then they'll make it into a movie!" Exclaims Drey.
It takes me a moment to process, but then I manage to get out, "A MOVIE?! They'll make my book into a movie?!" 
Drey nods her head excitedly and smiles. 
"Oh my god. Oh my god," I say. 
"But Tess, remember, this is only if you get 5 million sold copies," replies Drey.
I return to my former position of slouching in my chair.
"Well, now that that's out of the way, here's the bad news," says Drey.
"Oh, great," I say while rolling my eyes.
Drey straightens her back.
"Well, you know how you haven't spoken to your mom in what now, 7 years?" She says.
"Yeah. And..." I say.
"She's in London." 
I close my eyes for a brief moment then scream, "SHE'S IN LONDON!!?" 
"Now, Tess, there's no need to be upset," says Drey.
"No reason to be upset? Do you have any idea what she put me through!" I yell.
"You did write a whole book on it..." Drey says.
I stand up and walk to the front of my office.
"I thought I was free of that drunk headed moron! I moved here to get away from that!" I scream.
"Tess! She has no idea where you are! As far as I know, she doesn't even know you're in London! Calm down!" Yells Drey.
I drop to my knees and cradle my head in my arms. 
"What have I gotten myself into?" I say, way calmer than I was a minute ago. 
Drey comes to my side and helps me to my feet. 
"None of this is your fault," says Drey. "You just need to stay away from your mother and if you do run into her by accident, don't give out any personal information."
I look at her in the eyes.
"Okay. Can I please just be alone now? I need to think about all of this," I say.
Drey answers me with a light nod, then quietly and quickly leaves my office. 
I sit back down in my chair and type. 
Typing.
Tap, tap, tap. Sounds of continuous clicking. 
At least there's something that can keep me from exploding. 

By: Chloe

2 comments: