Thursday 5 February 2015

Beautiful Stories- Part 5

I swear my heart just skipped a beat.
I just sit there with my car parked in the middle of the road, staring up the creatures in the sky.
A car behind me honks its horn and I snap back to reality. 
Oh, yeah, I'm in it.
I focus agin on the road and pull over. I then grab my purse, open it as quickly as possible, and call Drey. 
The phone rings once.
Twice.
On the third ring, Drey picks up.
"Tess! What the heck is happening! What are those things in the streets?!" Drey screams frantically into the phone.
"On the streets? Oh my god. What have I done." I say.
"You've done nothing! Dang it, Tess! Not everything is your fault!" 
"THIS IS MY FAULT DREY! THESE CREATURES ARE OUT MY BOOK!!" I scream at the top of my lungs.
"What?" Says Drey calmly. 
"These creatures," I say. "Are out of my book. I don't know how, but they somehow came to life and now we're all dead!" 
I can't hold it in anymore. I burst out into tears. 
"Tess. Calm yourself. Where are you?" Drey says.
I contain myself and speak.
"I'm- I'm about five minutes out of town. Please come. I'm scared," 
I start crying again. Don't judge me. What would you do if you were possibly responsible for the world going into chaos?
"We're all scared, Tess. I'm on my way," says Drey. With that she hangs up. 
I slowly lower my phone from my ear. I look up at the sky. 
What have I done? I think. 
I just sit there until I see Dreys Kia come bolting down the road. 
I grab my purse and exit my car. Drey pulls over on the opposite side of the road. She gets out of her car, looks both ways, and rushes across the street and wraps me up in a big bear hug. "Come on, Tess." She says and gestures me towards her car. 
"I'm not going into that city," I say.
Drey frowns. 
"Get. Over. Here." She says.
"No." I say without hesitation.
"I said get yourself over her!" Yells Drey.
"What's wrong with you?!" I say. "My life is practically falling apart! Stop yelling at me!" 
Drey comes stomping towards me. She grabs the collar of my shirt. 
"Come. Now." 
I raise my hands up in surrender. "Fine, just don't talk to me." 
I slap away her hands and go into her car. 
Drey goes into the drivers seat and starts her car. She does a U- turn and starts heading towards the city. 
"What was that about?" I say. 
She doesn't respond. 
"Answer me!" 
She looks at me. 
"You need to obey me." She says in almost a mechanic voice.
I smirk. "Says no one," 
"I say that. And what I say, goes." She says more forcefully.
And with that we drive into the city. 
Well, whatever's left of it.

By: Chloe

8 comments: