Tuesday 3 February 2015

Parallel Jumping. Part One. By: Keira.

  I run out of the house, wearing nothing but my pajamas and a sweater. I run across the road and cover my ears.
  Boom.
  My house explodes.
  The fire is the only thing that you can see in the clear, night sky.
  How did I get here?
  Seriously. I don't know how I got here. Do you?
  Well, I guess I should probably tell you a bit about myself. My name is Adam. Adam Baker. I have dark green eyes and messy, dark brown hair. I have peachy skin and I'm 6'1. I live in Thunder Bay and go to LU for school. I'm 23 years old. If I had to describe myself in three words, I would say that I'm funny,smart, and kind.
  My two best friends, Carol and Tom, are twins.  
  Carol has pale skin and light orange hair. She is very tall and has pale, blue eyes. She looks like a female version of her dad. She's 24, (four months older than me,) and goes to the same school as me. She's trying to become a doctor. If I had to describe her in three words, I would say that she's clever, smart, and empathetic.
  Her twin Tom, however, has brown skin and short black hair. His eyes are dark chocolate brown. He's almost as tall as his sister. He is trying to become an artist. He went to this art school in Toronto for a couple of years, (He met this cool girl named Sarah, apparently she just got engaged.) But after that he came back home to us. His personality would have to be artistic, kind, and funny. He looks like his mom.
  So, we were at my apartment, celebrating Tom and Carol's birthday, and there was a knock on the door.
  When I went to answer it,and a girl, I would say about 30 years old, was at the door.
  "Hello! my name is Vicky! I work for a popular pop company," She says, over-exaggerating the pop in popular. "I was wondering if you would like a free sample of our new type of pop, fruit bomb?"
  "Um, sure?" I say, in the form of a question.
  "Perfect! Here you go! I hope that you and your friends enjoy!" She says.
  "Thanks!" I say.
  That was... Odd.
  "Adam," Says Carol. "Who was that?"
  "Some lady from the pop company. But hey, free pop!" I say.
  So we pop open the blue cans, and drink up. It was amazing. It was like, flavor exploding in my mouth. I couldn't get enough of it! It was awesome!
  So we had a good party, hung out a bit after that. It was cool.
  "Okay, Carol and I have to  get home," Says Tom. "But thanks for the party! It was awesome!"
  So we say our goodbyes and I clean up. It wasn't a crazy party so I didn't have to worry about clean up. I feed my dog, Chandler, part husky, part golden retriever, and I go to bed.
  I forgot how nice my old life was.
  I don't think I'll ever get it back now.
  What a shame.


To be continued.

7 comments:

  1. This is my second story. Please tell me how I did. It will get a lot more exciting later. Please comment on any mistakes that I made. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a question I had. I'm also thinking of starting a new series. Should it be a fairy tale, horror, love, or a sort of average life story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all really good topics! I enjoy writing sci-fi/ action, but the genre of the story changes with the person. Do whatever one feels most like you. My dad says that it's good to write what you know about.

      Delete
  3. Please write the second part!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I post another part every day. I can't wait to read part two of your story!

      Delete
    2. I just read it. It's amazing!

      Delete