Friday 6 February 2015

Beautiful Stories- Part 6

4 minutes.
3 minutes.
2 minutes.
I count down how much longer we have until we enter London. Drey's listening to some type of classical music, and I jab the power button with my index finger to shut it off. Drey gives me a cold stare, then focuses back onto the road.
We're here.
My throat tightens and I suck in a deep breath.
We're in London now. Some people may say that London looks lovely, but those people
 have something weird going on in their heads. There are probably now a dozen of those reptilian birds in the sky, and now in the ditches I see these large, snake like creatures. In my book I called the birds Vixens and the snakes Sems. By the way, I have no idea where those names came from.
We continue driving, but going about 30 kilometers over the speed limit.
I see Gells, which are mini dragons, but they can't breathe fire and are way more nice. Nothing to be afraid of.
At last, we arrive at the business building.
"Come on, Tess. We have to get in there as quick as possible. Look! There's a dragon!" Screams Drey as she runs into the building.
I squat down and rub my finger together.
"Come here little guy." I can tell it's a boy because the tip of its tail is red. The females have blue tips. The Gell comes closer and rubs its side up against my hand.
That's it little guy, I think.
It's hard to believe how much of a connection I have with these creatures.
All of the sudden the sky gets twice as dark as it was before, and the Gell backs away and runs into the alley.
What the-" I start.
Blocking the sun is the swarm of Vixens. They scream their high pitched yelp and come darting towards the ground.
Their talons claw at the gravel and they come closer to me.
Now these creatures aren't as nice as a Gell.

By: Chloe

2 comments:

  1. Aww! The Gells seem so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of baby puff the magic dragon okay don't judge😂

      Delete