Friday 20 February 2015

Parallel Jumping. Part 6. By: Keira.

  Okay. Samantha loves me. Carol hates me. What is happening? Why is everything in reverse?I need to find Tom. Maybe he has some answers. If he doesn't hate me... Oh gosh! What if he hates me! Oh no! No, no, no, no, no, no!! This is not good! What if all of my friends hate me! What if all my enemy's love me. well, not love love,  but like love. Ugh!! Why? What is happening. Why must life put me through this torture? I'll just go find Carol and ask her where Tom is. Okay. I hope that she doesn't freak out on me. When I walk up to Carol, she's standing by a shady oak tree, talking to her professor.
  "Hey Carol!" I shout at Carol, while she ...her professor.
  "Can I help you?" She asks politely, trying not to seem rude in front of her professor.
  "Umm, I was wondering if you knew where your brother was." I ask.
  "Umm. What?" She asks.
  "Where's your brother?" I ask again.
  "I don't have a brother, Adam." She responds, actually concerned.
  "Yes you do. His name is Tom. You two are orphans." I say, scared of her denial.
  "No I don't. I'm an only child with two loving parents. Not divorced." She says, startled.
  "wh-what?" I stammer, confused.
  "I. Don't. Have. A. Brother." She says, clearly.
  The burning sun hits my face. So warm. How could Carol not have a brother? What's happening to me? I-I- I need water. What's going on? I feel faint. Everything is going black. I hear a thud. It was my body. I have just passed out. Everything is black.
  I wake up in the nurses office holding a pack of ice to my eye. My eye is killing me. It hurts like crazy. Ugh. That's when I see them. Carol and Tom.
  "Ha!" I exclaim. "Ha, ha, and HA!"
  "Wh- What is up with you today, Adam? I mean, first you avoid me when I try to help you with your eye, and then you start laughing hysterically at me. Why?" Asks Carol, concernedly.
  "What? I haven't been avoiding you. Plus, before I forget, why do I have a black eye?" I ask.
  "Well," Tom starts, "For that answer you'll have to talk to Samantha. She's the one who did that to you."
  "Samantha... Hmm. I have to go... Figure something out." I say, not realizing that I sound mysterious in a startling way.
  I run out of the office, my eye is thankfully okay, and I find my way to my favourite place on campus. it's a quiet little place outside. Not many people know about it. It's one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen. It looks breathtaking in every season. In the summer, it is a tall, leafy green tree, spectacular, oak tree. Beside it sits a lovely, comfortable, swing bench. Half swing, half bench. It sways beautifully in the summer wind. The sun beams right on you, unless you sit on the other half of the bench. That half is nice and shady from the lovely, oak tree. There is a small pond to the left, and it's an appropriate amount of space away from the bench. Little goldfish swim around the pale, green lily pads while the sun works its way around the sky. To the right of the bench,a few meters away from the tree, is a lovely assortment of blue forget-me-not's, white lily's, and blue roses. The wind always blows the right amount so that it's never to cold or to hot. The grass is greener than a tree frog. the wind smells like flowers and fresh, cut grass.you can hear the laughter of the kids from the school across the street at the time of their break. When the glee club is rehearsing, you can hear their upbeat music. Other than that, it's completely quiet. except for the occasional splash of water from the fish in the pond. It's... Perfect. It always helps me clear my mind. I'll find Samantha, see what happened, but I'll do it reluctantly, and then I'll come to my happy place and sort what just happened.
  "Samantha!" I call, reluctantly. She immediately turns around, and her eyes widen.
  "If you try to kiss me again, I will mess up your other eye ten times more horribly than the last. Do you understand me?" She asks, anger in her voice.      
  What?


To be continued.....

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys. I hope you enjoy today's story. I got really descriptive with Adam's favourite place. I love describing places, so I thought that I would get creative with it. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a minute... Now Samantha hates Adam?!

    ReplyDelete