Wednesday 28 January 2015

Splitting Atoms. Part 8. By Keira.

  Okay. Two seconds. Four if I'm lucky. I have to figure out how to grow my hair back, get the purple pastry filling off the wall, and properly dispose of the of the broken phone. I can't do it. It is physically impossible.
  But wait, if I connect the dots... My hand and everything around me has been disappearing. Literally. So, if I can focus that energy, make my hair reappear, make the phone and pastry filling disappear. Take the atoms and split them apart, away from each other, and add the atoms back together to make my hair. No, that's impossible. But it's the best chance I've got.
  I focus my energy into my hair, the broken phone, the pastry filling. I put all of my energy into it. Every little piece of strength I've got into fixing it. But what happened next blew my mind. I never would have thought that it was possible. It worked. My hair grew back. The pasty filling disappeared.  When I looked over my shoulder, I didn't see my broken phone. It worked.
  "Hi!" Says Alex.
  "Hey." I say with relief. All the sudden, I feel absolutely exhausted. That must have taken a lot of energy out of me.
  "Are you okay? You sound exhausted." Says Alex.
  "Yeah, I've just been busy... So, how was the trip with your parents? Anything, exciting happen?" I ask.
  "Well, yes. Do you remember Vanessa? You know, Harrison's ex."Asks Alex.
  "Yeah. Why?" I ask.
  "Well, I bumped into her when I was shopping, and she said that she wanted to get back together with Harrison." Says Alex, with a hint of sadness in her voice.
  "Well, that's great. Isn't it?" I ask, sensing her sadness.
  "It would be... If I didn't have a bit of a thing for him" She says, shyly.
  "What!!??" I ask. This cannot be happening! They are my two best friends! What if he rejects her? What if they break up? This makes no sense! But it dose. She's been acting so odd around him lately. How could I have not noticed? I mean, when you think about, you can't blame me for not noticing. I've been a bit busy with some stuff. School, work, death threats, stalker. But still. This is an undeniably shocking discovery.
  "I also gave her his number." She said, with a tense look on her face.
  "Alex! Why?"
  "I don't know! It's just... I panicked, okay?"
  "You need to talk to him about this. Before it's to late. Last time you liked him Vanessa asked him out. I don't think you could survive it if  that exact same situation happened to you again."
  "Okay. I will. I'll see you soon." She says, and walks out the door.
  "Bye!" I say.
  Okay, what just happened?
  I think that I just discovered that I have awesome super powers, and that one of my best friends are falling in love with my other best friend and is now going to ask him out.
  Huh.
  It's been an odd sort of day.


To be continued.....                    

No comments:

Post a Comment