Tuesday 27 January 2015

My camping trip. (fiction story)

Hello, there. My name is phil. I am 23 years old. I have a brother named Paul but he took a plane to go somewhere. Anyways, I was going to go camping just to get some fresh air and to be outdoors. I had just packed everything I needed for my camping trip. I'm bringing my dog, Willow along with me. Here's everything I packed. I'm bringing my tent, my sleeping bag, some dog food, mosquito spray, water, matches, hot dogs, and A pocket knife. I put all my bags into the trunk and I put my dog Willow into the passenger seat. And finally I got into the drivers seat. We drove about 2 miles off from the city and then parked on the side of the highway. Cars could still get by. I got out of the car and opened the trunk. I started taking bags out of the trunk. After I got all the bags out I opened the door to let Willow out. He immediately jumped out and started sniffing the ground. I took the key out of the car and we started walking into the woods. We walked for about 5 minutes and found a fairly flat spot to pitch tent. I opened the tent package and followed the instructions. I eventually got it set up but I was thirsty. Next I took one of my matches out of my bag. I gathered some stones and put them so they were in a circle. I had already gathered some sticks along the way. I was going to use them as fuel. I then, lit the match and started a tiny fire. I blew on it to make it bigger. Meanwhile my dog, Willow, was taking a nap in the tent. I had a decent fire but it wasn't enough. I got up from my knees and got my hot dog package. I opened it and went to go get a stick. I found a sharp one not too far away. I put my hot dog on my stick and hung it over the fire. After a few minutes, It was half cooked and golden. I reached into one of my bags to look for buns and ketchup. I found buns and plopped my hot dog right in the bun. I couldn't find any ketchup because I forgot it at home. I went to go get my sleeping bag. I pulled it out from one of my bags and placed it in the tent. After I finished my hot dog, I decided I would put some mosquito spray on. I pulled it out and shook it firmly. I sprayed my neck, my legs, my arms and my head. I had no sense of time so I just decided to feed Willow his dog food from his favorite bowl. After I did that, it was getting dark. I went to my tent to go to bed. It was peaceful out there. I could hear cars going by very faintly. It was very warm under my sleeping bag. I fell asleep very fast. I packed everything up the next morning. My dog, Willow mostly just slept the whole time. I drove back home that day. "It was nice camping out in the woods," I thought to myself the next day. The End.

2 comments:

  1. This was a really good story Lennox! I love the fact that Phil's brother is Paul. The fact that you connect those two story's together was awesome! I feel bad for Paul. That plane trip was terrible! Good story though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was cool, Lennox. If you make another camping
    story, feature the wendigo.

    ReplyDelete