Monday 20 April 2015

I Will Find You. Part One. By Keira

  "M-M-M-M-Mom?"I stutter, gasping for air. She stares at me, in an unusual manor. "Mom, Say something, please." I beg, only getting a blank stare in response. Everything around me is a foggy, bright white. I can only see my mother, sitting beside my laying figure. "Mom!"I scream, in a desperate attempt to get her to speak to me. She just blinks at me, in a calm manor. Then, she bends down to give me a hug, and stands up. "Mom..." I say, in a quiet, but nervous, voice. She slowly stands up, as loose strands from the bun that her long, brown hair is held up in, whips through the sudden breeze. I immediately know what' happening. "Mom!!!" I scream, attempting to stand up, but an unknown force roughly shoves me to the ground. She stares at me, with calm, but slightly sorrow, eyes. "Mom!!" I shout, as she turns away. My panic levels rise to the top, and I almost break my lungs screaming for her. Suddenly, I'm covered heat to toe, in cold, soaking wet water. "Mommmm!" I scream, sputtering through waves of water, that only cover me. I fight with as much power as possible. trying to stand up, trying to breath. Trying not to die on the inside. I see her get one last glance at me through the water, before she disappears forever.
  I wake up covered in sweat. Another bad dream. Just like every night. Every single night. I look to my alarm clock. 1:58 am. I silently sigh to myself. There's no point in going back to sleep. I've already completed my education, and I'm not supposed to go to work until I get better. I  slowly drag me sock-covered feet over the hard-wood floor of my studio apartment. I pass by my table, which is covered piles on piles in missing people flyers. Every time I pass that table, I can't help but look down, because every time I look down, I see her for what could possibly be the last time. I slowly pick up a flyer. I stare at her features. Her caring, grey eyes. Her silky, brown hair. Her award-wining smile. Her creamy, pale skin. I miss her so much.
  A quiet, but sudden, knock on the door awakens me from my trance. I slowly creep towards my door, and look through the tiny hole. I see my dad, the person that has been there for me the most since mom went missing. I unlock my door, and greet the familiar face. "Hey," I say, while obvious sadness fills my voice. He looks at me in a empathetic manor. "Another bad dream?" He asks, with a concerned stare. "Yeah." I say, solemnly. "Look, Matt, I know it's been hard, having your mom be missing for five months now, I miss her so much it kills me inside," He begins, trying to cheer me up, "But if she doesn't come back in about a year, we'll have to accept that she's probably gone." He says, trying to hide the fact that he's on the verge of tears, but miserably failing. "Is this you moving on?" I ask, scared to feel alone in this struggle. "What? No. You're a smart kid, Matt, You know that I look for her every single day of my life. Okay?" He asks me. I stare at him, trying to decide if I should devote the rest of my life, from being 22(That's how old I am now) and up, to finding my mom. I knew the answer as soon as he finished the question. "Yes" I say.


I just wish that he was there when the real struggle began. But that was still a while away.


Or was it?




To be continued...      

3 comments:

  1. Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this. Please leave comments on what you liked, and what you thought could be improved. I always like feedback on how I'm doing. Just so you know, this characters name is Matt Prior, age 22, went to Harvard, looks like hi mom but with green eyes and short hair. That's all. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is an amazing intro to your story. Great imagery and a whole lot of tension. Great work Keira.

    ReplyDelete