Friday 22 May 2015

Tragedy- Part 5

I look at Griffin for a while then burst out laughing. "You- you actually believe that-that I have a destiny in this-this little HOUSE?!" I say while laughing so hard I begin to get cramps.
I look at her again after I rub my eyes. She's looking at me with a straight face. That's when I realize that she isn't joking. I try to calm down then say, "So... are you gonna say something?"
"What do you want me to say?" Says Griffin as she picks her fingernails.
"I don't know, maybe WHY IN THE WORLD ARE WE HERE AND HOW WOULD MY DESTINY BE HELD HERE?" I yell.
"Fine," starts Griffin. "You remember how last year your grandfather died because of those numbers?"
I nod and think Why wouldn't I? I had like a 14 hour dream last night about me trying to figure out where they came from. Those dolls are still freaking me out...
Griffin continues. "He tried to track down where the radio signals were coming from and they lead him here."
Radio signals...? Oh, yeah! His car radio kept on getting blocked by these radio things with the numbers repeating.
"How'd he track them here?" I ask.
She clears her throat. "Now that I don't really know, but I do know that when he found this place, that's when he went insane. I think this place is cursed by those numbers, but others may differ."
I look at the windshield. Rain hits it and I hear the distant roar of thunder. Then a thought occurs to me. How does she know this?
"I thank you for all the information, but how the heck do you know this?" I say questionably.
She stares at me, purses her lips, then bolts out of the car. I look shocked at her momentarily then run after her. The dirt driveway has now turned into mud and my clothes get coated in it. I try to look through the rain to find Griffin, but I can't see her anywhere. I then see a shape moving in the trees and I run towards it. I try to run as fast as I can, but when you're wearing heels, you can't really go that fast. The figure moves further into the forest and I continue to run at it. I run and run until I notice that the figure has disappeared. I stop and pull my hair back with my fingers.
"Griffin!" I yell.
No response. "Griffin!" I yell even louder.
"GRIFFIN!" I scream at the top of my lungs.
I begin to tear up and I yell one more time.
"GRIF-"
But that's before a bag gets put over my head and I get dragged into the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment