Tuesday 12 May 2015

Tragedy- Part 4

"Drew? Wake up or you're going to be late for your interview!"
I moan and say "Where am I? Who are you?" 
The person lightly slaps me in the face and grunts. "It's me, Drew! You slept in!" 
"What?" I croak.
"You have a job interview at 10:00. It's 9:24!"
"What are you talking about?" I say. "I don't have an interview. Now whoever you are, get out of my house or I'll-"
"DREW OPAL ANDREWS IT'S GRIFFIN GREY NOW GET UP NOW OR I'LL HIT YOU SO HARD YOUR MOTHER WILL FEEL IT!" 
That's when I snap back into reality. My interview. Griffin. Oh no. I quickly open my eyes and jump out of bed. I run to the washroom, brush my hair and teeth, throw on some perfume, some makeup, and rush out of there. I look at my clock. 9:41. I sprint to my closet and throw on a pair of blue jeans, a white blouse, and some black pumps. I the rush out the door while still putting on one of my heels, get into the passenger seat of Griffin's car, and drive to my interview.
We pull up in front of the building, which is pretty spectacular. Roses and marigolds line the outside of the restaurant and wooden railings trace the walls, adding a beautiful rustic feel to the place.
"Good luck!" Shouts Griffin as I walk up the stairs to the main doors.
I wave at her, then walk in.
"Welcome!" Exclaims a woman with short brown hair. "I'm Willow Grey and if you could just follow me, I'll lead you to Mr. Geller's office."
I look at here for a moment and think Why does she look so familiar?
"Um," I say, "I'm sorry to bother you, but have we met before? Like, besides inside this restaurant?"
She hesitates and says "No... I don't think so. People do say, though that I remind them of Rita Ora, just with different facial features."
I smile and she does the same.We walk down a short hallway lined with beautiful painting and plants. I keep on going over in my mind of where on Earth could I have seen Willow before until we reach a door that says 'manager' on it. The lady opens the door and in a black leather office chair sits a man in a red and black flannel with hazel eyes and neat-yet-messy hair.
"Hello," Says Mr.Geller as he stands up to shake my hand. "I'm Mr. Geller, the owner of Lacuna. Please, take a seat," He gestures towards a wooden chair with black leather cushions on the back and bottom of the chair.
"Hi, I'm Drew Andrews and I just wanted to start off by saying I have admired your restaurant for some time now and it would be an honor to get a job as a chef here. Sorry, I just wanted to get that out of the way." I say as I start to blush a bit.
"It's okay. So, what got you interested in cooking?" Says Mr. Geller.
"Well," I start. "My mother was a chef at a high end restaurant in New York, and she would teach me how to cook simple things like cake, omelets, and pasta. She then signed me up for cooking classes, which got me even more in love with the idea of being a chef. Now I've worked at only three restaurants and I am totally obsessed with cooking."
"Wonderful. I'll give you a call as soon as possible," Says Mr. Geller.
I smile and say my goodbyes. I leave the restaurant and get into Griffin's car.
"So... How'd it go?" She says enthusiastically.
"I won't know until he calls me back," I reply.
She nods and starts driving. It's not until about 10 minutes into driving that I realize we're going the wrong way.
"Um, Grif, Where're we going?" I ask.
"You'll see," She says.
I sit back into my chair and turn up the radio. 'All Of Me' by John Legend is playing and I hear Griffin quietly singing to herself. I let out a small giggle and look back onto the road. By now I've realized we've been going in the wrong direction for at least 25 minutes and I start to get worried.
"Grif, where are we going for real?" I ask nervously.
She just smirks and continues driving. I begin to play with my fingers, which I now find is a habit of mine when I get nervous. The sky gets dark and it begins to rain. Typical March weather. Griffin's wiper blades swish back and forth and I watch the rain land on the windshield in abstract patterns. The car then takes a sharp turn to the left and Griffin begins to drive up a long dirt driveway. We arrive in front of an old house that has to have only 4 rooms and I stare at it blankly.
"You brought me all the way out here to see a stupid shack?" I ask in awe.
"It's more then a shack, Drew." Explains Griffin.
"Really?" I say. "Because to me it looks like a beaten down old hut that probably hasn't been used in over a zillion years. So please, tell me why it's more than just a shack."
"It's more than a shack because it holds your- your-"
"My WHAT!" I exclaim
"It's holds your destiny." She says.

2 comments:

  1. That was Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant.(It's an inside joke) But really, this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keira and I know it's brilliant, absolutely brilliant

      Delete