Tuesday 5 May 2015

Tragedy- Part 3

I wake in a meadow. The sky is clear, the birds are chirping, and the wind is hardly even there. I sit in the middle of all this thinking What? How did I get here?
I'm utterly confused, but I decide that sitting here won't do me any good, so I get up and move a couple steps back. The wind then begins to pick up. The leafs in the trees are stirring in a twister like shape and their soft, pale green is now turning into... black. The birds stop chirping and the crystal clear sky turns into grey and smoky olive. The wind throws my hair all over my face and threatens to rip my clothes off of me. I push my hair back and see something odd in the distance.
Coming over the hills is some sort of cement. It coats the trees, hills, and some of the innocent animals that graze the meadow. The cement stops and quickly goes backwards towards where it came from, taking everything it covered with it so that there is only mounds of dirt and sand.
I stare blankly at the scene until I hear a voice whispering something, but I can't make out what it's saying. It then gets louder. "A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds."
 I then realize it's not just one voice, it's a choir of children. I look around to see where the voices are coming from, but I can't see anything. Everything has gone black. I stumble around in the darkness, looking for something to hold me steady, as the room seems to be rocking side to side.
"And when the weeds begin to grow, it's like a garden full of snow." The voices say, slow and scary. All of the sudden two red lights flash for an instant in front of me. I try to slow my breathing, but I'm way too panicked to even fathom what is happening.
"And when the snow begins to fall, it's like a bird upon a wall." Say the children.
There! Again! The red lights. Except instead of one set, there are four identical pairs of red lights. They fade away into the blackness.
"And when the bird away does fly, it's like an eagle in the sky." The choir seems to be getting closer, which sends me into extreme panic.
"And when the sky begins to roar, it's like a lion at the door." Closer.
"And when the door begins to crack, it's like a stick across your back." The lights flash on and off. At least 12 pairs.
"And when your back begins to smart, it's like a penknife in your heart." The voices are so close now. Calm down. No, not happening. I play with my fingers and move backwards. My face gets hot and tears roll down my face. I've never been this scared in my life.
"And when your heart begins to bleed," Say the children, more mellow but stick scary and raspy. I panic and I feel something warm and sticky in the palms of my hands. Blood.
"You're dead, and dead, and dead indeed!" Finish the children, almost screaming.
I stop crying and steady my breathing. All of the sudden a light goes on, like the type you see in old interrogation offices. I notice I'm sitting in an old rocking chair.
"Tell us a story." Says a voice.
I twist my body around to see at least 15 old dolls staring at me. One has a horrific smile and says "Tell us a story. We shared with you our voices, now speak."
"What?" I ask.
"Tell us a story," Says the creepy doll. Her smile goes into a frown and the other dolls frown with her. "Tell us a story about some numbers. We like them."
I stare anxiously at them. "Numbers? Wh- what are you talking about?" I say, as I fake a smile.
"The ones that killed your Papa. Six, seventeen, fourteen, thirty nine, one." Says the doll.
"Six, seventeen, fourteen, thirty nine, one." Repeat the rest of the dolls. "Six, seventeen, fourteen, thirty nine, one."
I rise from the rocking chair and move away from the dolls.
"Where are you going? You haven't told us a story yet. We get very angry." Says a doll with torn overalls and ripped out eyes.
"Yes. Now tell us a story, Drew. Tell us a story." Says the frowning doll.
"No." I say.
The dolls all rise. I blink, and there they all are, staring at me.
"Too bad." Says a doll with a burlap sack over its head.
"Goodbye." They all say.
And with that, the dolls all take sharp needles out of their legs and stab me with them. I scream from the pain and the dolls disappear, just before the wooden floor cracks and I fade into the darkness.



2 comments:

  1. This is Absolutely BRILLIANT! I love it! Please write more! I can't wait for more! Great job Chloe! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete