Monday 25 May 2015

Back In Time: Part 4

 My heart stops. My eyes began to tear up. My whole body shakes.
"M-Mom?" My voice quivered as I ran to give my mom a hug.
"Whoa! Honey, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" The sound of her voice made me calm, excited, and the warmth of her hug made me feel so, so, so safe. I had my mom back. I had the one who gave me life, who helped me up when I fell down, who made me feel happy when I was sad or frustrated, the one who was with me before the... The accident!
"Mom, what day is it? Tell me! Please tell me!" I yelled in worry, my eyes widened as I shook her arms. I needed to know. I don't want her to die! I need to keep her safe!
"Debbie! What's wrong with you? You are acting we-"
"What day is it?! What year is it?! Tell me!" I then become frustrated, she wasn't answering my question! I need to keep her safe! Wait... If you go back in time, there's going to be another you... So if I'm here, where's the other me?
"Deb, I thought you went to Amber's house, how are you here?" My mom's face then changed from surprised, to concerned, she probably thinks I'm nuts or something... I have to make an excuse of why I'm here so she won't be suspicious.
"I felt really sick and um... I came home, I didn't want Amber to be alone for the weekend, so I invited her over and I didn't think you'd mind. Ok, about the date, please tell me it!" My heart drops, lying to my mother was the worst thing I could, well, the worst thing I COULD do is murder and such, but lying to the one who I love dearly, especially a dead loved one, made me feel like I was going to puke...
"Ok, because you want to know SO MUCH! It's December 31, 2017. Go get some rest, I'll get Amber to bring you soup when it's done. Ok?" Her voice sounds like thousands of angels singing, a light, quiet, kind voice. I missed it so much.
"Oh, I don't need any soup, Mommy! I just want to know when you're going to work, so, when are you going to work?"
"I'm leaving for work in 3 hours, I'll be home by 11:00, just before new years!" I need to find out what the heck is happening! How do I stop her from going to work and how do I get back to 2019?
Wait, where's my dad?
"Hey, Mommy, where's Dad?"
"Oh, he's in the garage working on the car. What kind of soup do y-" Before I let her finish I was out the door. I have to tell my Dad what's going on."
"Daddy!" I try to yell over the sound of the car engine, I could see the oil and dirt of his pants, ugh, it smells like gasoline in here!
"Daddy!" I yell again, even louder. He sprinted up banging his head against the bottom of the car, I giggle a little as he gets up to wipe off his forehead with the palm of his hand which leaves a black stripe across his eyebrow line.
"Daddy, I need to tell you something, it's very important!"
"Sure, Honey, what is it?" He doesn't really sound concern, he sounds tired, and is voice sounds raspy.
"Ok, day before yesterday it was 2019! Then, somehow I went back in time and got here, to 2017, Mom wasn't alive and you were mad at Drake and I for having a party, Amber was with me and, somehow we just went back in time! Please believe me, Daddy!" I knew I can't explain what was happening to my mom because first, she would see if I bonked my head, second, she would get mad at me because I would say she was DEAD, and third, she'd think I was crazy!
"Haha, funny story, Debbie, but you shouldn't kid about death, and going back in time? Seriously? That's impossible!"
Impossible. The word strikes me with a thousand meanings. Can't happen, anything but possible, impractical. The thing is, it IS possible!
"No, Dad, it is, it is possible! It was just 2019 a day ago, and then somehow I came back to 2017! It's like, like I was suppose to come back here, like I was bound to go back in time!" For sure he thinks I'm a wacko, he's the only one I can trust to keep this a secret. Mom would tell her friends and Drake is a blabber mouth so he would tell his stupid girlfriend Lane and she would tell all of her friends that I belong in a mental asylum or so9mething stupid like that, and then her friends would play the game telephone then start spreading rumors... 
"Hun, go have a rest, seriously, you look a little sick." With that, he hugs me lightly trying not to leave any oil stains on my shirt and kisses me gently on my forehead.
"Daddy, please wake me up before 2:30, before mom goes to work, pretty please?"
"Ok, I promise, now go rest up, maybe that "time travelling" thing will go away after a nice, relaxing rest."
With that, I slowly leave the room. Before I'm completely gone, I hear something my dad said but I can't quite make it out.
"What as that, Dad?"
"Oh, nothing." I see him smile a bit, that's when I walk out the door and to m room.
"Oh no, she knows to much..."












No comments:

Post a Comment