Friday 27 March 2015

Fireworks

We halted to a stop as I looked in the deep, dark water, I noticed that there was something shiny in the water. I cast my sharp hook in the water. I was a little disappointed when I found out that my shiny hook hadn't found its way into a fish's mouth. All of a sudden, my dad and I heard a loud BOOM, I would've sworn it shook our canoe. We looked up and saw lights as bright as stars taking over the night sky, tomorrow was Canada Day after all, so that was why they were playing with fireworks. The sparkling lights then stopped and we heard cheers throughout the lake, but it wasn't over yet. 

2 comments:

  1. I love how at the end you put "but it wasn't over yet,". It creates suspense in some way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you described what was happening, and how you used exciting words like "halted"

    ReplyDelete