Thursday 6 August 2015

Disinfect the Scene. Part One. By Keira.

  "Adam." She whispers, as her lip quivers in fear."P-P-Please." A single tear rolls down her cheek. Her bright, blue eyes, filled with not only fear, but hope. Not even her grey jacket could make her feel safe and secure tonight. Our eyes meet each other, ignoring our busy surroundings. We both know what will happen. She looks down at her black sneakers, with a face of disappointment."Jane," I mutter, overwhelmed by guilt and regret."I-I love you."I stutter. She looks down and gives a small, sad smile."I know." She whispers, gently. She then puts her hand over mine, grazing my ring, and reaches for the gun, which is hidden in my belt loop, under my long jacket. She then props it up against her head, trembling with fear."Jane, please." I say, feeling extremely overwhelmed. She looks at me, only for a split second, and then looks down at our matching wedding rings, and gives a faint smile. She looks back up to me, her hand still on top of mine, and pushes down my index finger. Bang. She's dead. She falls to the ground, and I collapse beside her. I stroke her pale skin for the last time, wishing that things had gone differently. Everything around me fades to black. I start to run my hands through my short, brown hair, in fear of what just happened. What did I just do? Why did I do it? Why did she make me pull the trigger? But most importantly, why am I still alive?

  I wake up in a pool of sweat, terrified of my dream.

  My name is Adam Smith. 

  And I killed my wife.





 To Be Continued.....

 Special thanks to the music video Breezeblocks by alt-J for the inspiration.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! I wanted to thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed. This new story is darker than usual, so I apologize for that. Please give feedback on what you've thought of the story so far, and what you think I could do to improve my writing. I will post as often as possible! Thanks for all the support! See you on Monday! Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete